Friday, December 2, 2011

SHOOTING

So we got the space - our second try - got the folks assembled in the face of my reluctance to ask for help, three cameras, audio, storyboards, props. We fell apart on art direction, audio, and continuity. Mostly due to the fact that my management skills had been topped out, and even though I knew we needed some more help, I was maxed and couldn't ask.

It was an amazing experience, the acting. Trying to maintain, or even achieve, a mood, a motion, a look, a feeling, all in the midst of a bunch of technicians and bright lights and extras not sure what they're supposed to be doing. I'm in awe of good actors - I think it's a skill not many of us really understand. Good acting seems to be a weird combination of being in the moment, i.e. authentic, really be-ing - in a totally contrived narrative. Being totally honest and real in a made-up configuration.

Now to the editing, the logging of files, the looking at everything to get the moments of, forgive me, truth, and seeing if, in the midst of those hours of footage, there exists a 5-minute story, as we planned.

Ha - planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment