Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Shirley, you must be joking.

OK. Course setting done for now.

In six months, we have a movie: a documentary about The New Death, and its fascinating CE. Chief Executrix, that is. Talkin' Dorothy Truth. My guess is we'll go for something 20-30 minutes long. Much constrained by lack of locations, actors, time, and money, and so on, we'll be trying all the guerilla video tricks in the book.

I would say roughly that the second half of the book will be the first part of the movie, and the second half of the movie will be devoted to Dorothy's reign as the new death, and what it all means and what it will be like to have a New Death, administered by a caring and hot (if you're over 70 years old) gal.

The movie I'm thinking of right now, for tonal qualities only, is parts of Being John Malkovich, the parts with the documentary feel, and the weird science parts. Will take a look at it tonight and see if there's anything in there to STEAL.

The expected post-partum feeling that came over me when I published the book is now gone, and we've got a new project on the line now. Pretty soon there will be scene notes, dialog ideas, notes, pix, and so on taped to the wall. This = FUN.

One of the keys to breaking open the idea has been getting ME out of the story. Distance, simplification, and fidelity to the real goal of the vid result. And I can do the VO and not get complications from referring to myself. I'm just a writer, man.

No comments:

Post a Comment